- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
- Food Freezing & Chilling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Hydrogen Energy
- Plastic & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
BOC has been at the forefront of hydrogen mobility development in the UK.
In 2011, we opened the first open access hydrogen refuelling station in Swindon, the result of a public/private partnership with Honda UK and Forward Swindon. In 2014 the site was further developed to become the first commercial scale production and refuelling station with the installation of an onsite electrolysis unit producing green hydrogen powered by solar.
In 2015, we opened the UK’s largest hydrogen production and refuelling station for Europe’s largest hydrogen bus project with Aberdeen City Council. This station has recently completed over 3,000 refuelling events and shown that hydrogen refuelling can meet the high demands of a busy urban bus operation.
Through the provision of our innovative refuelling technology we are also playing a part in the development of a UK hydrogen public refuelling network. In 2016, BOC signed a supply agreement for refuelling infrastructure with ITM Power, a UK based company rolling out an electrolyser based public refuelling network. Linde technology, supplied by BOC, will feature on six stations in the UK to begin with, including the first UK hydrogen station on a public fuel forecourt at Shell’s Cobham service station on the M25.
- Press Release: 23.05.2017 - Linde showcases hydrogen as clean transport fuel at Shell Eco-marathon
- Press Release: 22.02.2017 - BOC provides technology for UK’s first public forecourt hydrogen refuelling station
- Press Release: 11.10.2016 - Hydrogen Vehicle Rally and Launch of Solar Hydrogen Refuelling Station in London
- Press Release: 29.06.2016 - Linde to demonstrate power of hydrogen at Shell Eco-marathon
- Press Release: 12.04.2016 - Aberdeen H2 transport project is shortlisted for national award
- Press Release: 12.04.2016 - BOC and ITM Power sign hydrogen refuelling and siting agreement
- Press Release: 11.03.2016 - Aberdeen Hydrogen Bus Project chalks up year of success
- Press Release: 17.11.2015 - BOC celebrates 1000th refuel at Aberdeen H2 bus station
- Press Release: 24.09.2015 - The most ambitious hydrogen mobility initiatives in Europe have joined forces to support the introduction of hydrogen-fuelled transport
- Press Release: 11.03.2015 - UK’s largest hydrogen production and bus refuelling station opens in Aberdeen
- Press Release: 30.10.14 - UK’s first commercial scale green hydrogen refuelling facility opens in Swindon
- Press Release: 10.03.2014 - High Sheriff visits hydrogen refuelling station
- Press Release: 20.09.2011 - Fuelling the Future