- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
- Food Freezing & Chilling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Hydrogen Energy
- Plastic & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
Electron Beam Melting processes are similar to Laser Metal Fusion, however replace the laser with a 3-4kW computer-controlled electron beam.
A CAD model of the component interacts with the electron beam melting machine, where a high vacuum is created.
The electron beam melts the metal powder bed, growing the component part layer upon layer in temperatures of up to 850c. BOC Pure Helium is added during the component build cool-down process.
Orthopaedic manufacturers are adopting Electron Beam Melting processes for Titanium implants for bespoke and standard production, while in Aerospace, non-critical components are produced for prototypes based on increased weight and cost savings, as conventional machining methods are no longer required.
Electron Beam Melting processes can incorporate the following materials:
- Cobalt Chrome
BOC's product supply, engineering capabilities and experience interacts with customers' operating EBM processes in the following areas:
- Design, provision and installation of helium gas supply systems.
- OnStream gas system design and maintenance services.
- Gas safety equipment, safety checks and training.