- Products & Supply
- Industrial Gases
- Bulk Industrial Gases
- Refrigerant Gases
- Beer Gas & Drinks Dispense Gases
- Balloon Gas & Equipment
- Speciality Gases
- Speciality Gases Equipment
- Dry Ice
- Plastic & Rubber Solutions
- LINDOFLAMM® Special Burners
- Glass Processing Products
- Sulphur Recovery Burner Technology (SUREburner)
- Vapour Emission Control
- Food Preservation Products
- Industrial Products
- Industrial Catalogue
- BOC Safety Products
- Leisure & Outdoor Products
- Cryogenic Equipment & Storage Vessels
- Packaged Chemicals
- Healthcare Equipment
- Technical Supply Centre (TSC)
- Helium Gas
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Gas Supply Options
- Gas Cylinder Innovation
- GENIE® Gas Cylinders
- Gas Cylinder Tracking
- Products and Services A - Z
- Good penetration and fusion profiles
- Excellent arc stability
- Low distortion
- Wide operating envelope
- Low levels of nitrogen and moisture
- Produces a stiff arc with a broad heat flow. Low spatter and a good penetration profile make it an excellent choice for quality and economy in general engineering applications.
- Provides good welding performance across a wide range of applications and welding parameters.
- Wide operating envelope makes it easier to set welding conditions when MIG welding.
- Produces minimal spatter, keeping welding nozzles cleaner.
Applications and uses
- Specially formulated for MIG welding sheet and thin sections of steel between 4mm and 10mm thick.
- Can be used on mild steel sections thinner than 4mm and thicker than 10mm but care must be taken to ensure the weld integrity is not compromised.
- Can be used in a wide range of applications from light to medium plate fabrication, structural steel works, bridgework, vehicle manufacture and general fabrication.
- Ideal for dip, pulse and spray-transfer applications.
- Suitable for pipe and tube joining - can be used in all welding positions.
- Can be used in manual, robotic or automatic applications where clean nozzles reduce downtime and provide cost-efficiencies.
The Argoshield range is non-corrosive provided moisture is absent and is compatible with any common metal provided the equipment is designed to withstand the process pressure of a compressed gas cylinder.
In general it is not recommended that Argoshield mixtures are used in conjunction with Flux Cored Wires. This is because many of the formulations are particularly sensitive to the oxygen contained within the Argoshield mixtures. If the Argoshield mixtures must be used, it is recommended that tests are carried out to determine whether any problems occur and the correct procedure to follow is understood.
The new GENIE® cylinder from BOC
Argoshield Universal is now available in the new GENIE® cylinder from BOC.
Available in 10L or 20L, GENIE® contains 30% more gas than a standard steel cylinder and it uses digital display technology to tell you how much gas it contains. With attachable wheels, it is more portable.
Argoshield Light and Argoshield Heavy should not be used for welding stainless steel or nickel alloys because carbon from the shielding gas will be introduced into the weld (carbon pick-up).
For these applications, BOC Stainshield Universal is suitable.