- Products & Supply
- Industrial Gases
- Bulk Industrial Gases
- Refrigerant Gases
- Beer Gas & Drinks Dispense Gases
- Balloon Gas & Equipment
- Speciality Gases
- Speciality Gases Equipment
- Dry Ice
- Plastic & Rubber Solutions
- LINDOFLAMM® Special Burners
- Glass Processing Products
- Sulphur Recovery Burner Technology (SUREburner)
- Vapour Emission Control
- Food Preservation Products
- Industrial Products
- Industrial Catalogue
- BOC Safety Products
- Leisure & Outdoor Products
- Cryogenic Equipment & Storage Vessels
- Packaged Chemicals
- Healthcare Equipment
- Technical Supply Centre (TSC)
- Helium Gas
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Gas Supply Options
- Gas Cylinder Innovation
- GENIE® Gas Cylinders
- Gas Cylinder Tracking
- Products and Services A - Z
Our products are sourced from a range of suppliers, allowing us to ensure stock availability.
By managing our own local storage facility and delivery infrastructure, we make sure that we deliver on time, every time.
We understand that product quality is essential.
Regular analysis of product odour, pressure and purity guarantees the quality of our supply, allowing you to focus on your core business.
We have a dedicated team of technicians and engineers available to assist in the design, installation and risk assessment of your system, as well as offering on-going training and support.
Hydrocarbon blends – Propel
This proven propellant range from BOC is available in 5 standard grades as detailed below:
|Propel 30||11||29||60||28 - 32|
|Propel 40||22||24||54||38 - 42|
|Propel 48||31||23||46||46 - 50|
|Propel 70||55||15||30||66 - 74|
|Propel 110||97||2||1||105 – 115|
In addition to this product range, BOC have blending facilities on our site in the UK which allows us to offer bespoke blended products with a vapour pressure of anywhere between 30 and 110 psig at 21ºC (70ºF) to suit individual customer requirements.
BOC offers the full range of fluorocarbons including:
These products offer the advantages of:
- low flammability
- ease of handling
- zero Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP)
- low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) potential
Dimethyl ether (DME)
DME has many attractive properties for use in a wide range of applications:
- thermal, chemical and hydrolytic stability
- an excellent solvent
- miscible with water and alcohols
- popular with formulators due to its zero ODP
- potential to lower the VOC content of the aerosol
- excellent solvent for resins, thus popular in products such as hairsprays and paints
- superior expansion from liquid into vapour state makes it popular for deodorants, perfumes and air fresheners
Atmospheric compressed gases
For over a century BOC has been one of the world's leading suppliers of atmospheric gas products.
We recognise that with changes in aerosol regulations, developments in technology and an increase in concern for the environment, compressed atmospheric gases may become more relevant as propellants.
BOC has a superb infrastructure for the supply of these gases, coupled with a first-rate understanding of the aerosol industry.
With our knowledge and capabilities, we are confident we can support industry needs for these non-toxic, non-flammable and non-VOC gases.
BOC has the capability to blend any number of individual raw materials to your exact mixture specification and pressure.
We have worked with many aerosol producers to develop innovative formulations, including blends for post-foaming aerosols.
All of the available propellant components including butane, isobutene, propane, pentanes for solvent characteristics, DME and fluorocarbons are stocked and readily available for blending.
Whether you require a new sample or a multi-component bulk blend, BOC can supply the mixtures to your exact specification.
Whether your requirements are for research and development work, short filling runs, or for large-scale continuous production, BOC offers the full range of propellants and propellant blends in all package sizes - from sample cylinders to 1000 litre drums and bulk supply.
Our aim is to optimise your inventory holding and handling requirements while minimising change-over downtime, costs and safety risks.