- Products & Supply
- Industrial Gases
- Bulk Industrial Gases
- Refrigerant Gases
- Drinks Dispense Gases
- Balloon Gas & Equipment
- Speciality Gases
- Speciality Gases Equipment
- Dry Ice
- Plastic & Rubber Solutions
- LINDOFLAMM Special Burners
- Glass Processing Products
- Sulphur Recovery Burner Technology (SUREburner)
- Vapour Emission Control
- Food Preservation Products
- Industrial Products
- Industrial Catalogue
- BOC Safety Products
- Leisure & Outdoor Products
- Cryogenic Equipment & Storage Vessels
- Packaged Chemicals
- Healthcare Equipment
- Technical Supply Centre (TSC)
- Helium Gas
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Gas Supply Options
- Gas Cylinder Innovation
- GENIE Gas Cylinders
- Gas Cylinder Tracking
- Products and Services A - Z
Many Claus plants today are working with:
- increased sour crude feedstock.
- increasingly stringent environmental regulations.
- increased levels of acid gas or sour water stripper (SWS) gas.
- occasional lean acid gas feed.
SURE™ oxygen enrichment technology from BOC
BOC has worked closely with WorleyParsons, the leading engineering contractor for Sulphur Recovery Units (SRU). Since we first developed the BOC/Parsons burner in 1980s, the technology has been successfully applied in more than 60 facilities around the world.
BOC has made a significant investment in SURE technology with the construction of the Claus burner development facility and the development of a validated CFD model. From this, BOC has achieved 'best in class' for the provision of oxygen process technology in sulphur plants.
SURE™ Oxygen Enrichment Products
Find out more about:
Single Combustion – BOC SURE™ burner - The SURE™ burner is a self-cooled tip-mix burner with separate ports for acid gas, oxygen and air supply.
SURE™ Double Combustion - Double Combustion splits the heat release into two separate reaction furnaces with cooling between. In the first reaction furnace, all amine gas, sour water stripper gas and all the air (if required) are fed to the SURE™ burner together with the supplied oxygen, the level of which depends on plant throughput.