- Safety Training
- Risk Management Services
- Refrigerant Services
- Customer Engineering Services
- Account Services
- Healthcare Services
- Mobile Cryotherapy Chamber
- Manufacturing Technology Centre
- Food Technology Centre
- Carbon Footprint
- Industrial Equipment Hire
- On-site Gas Generation
The workshops are essential for all managers, supervisors, inspectors and personnel who work with gases and oxygen-fuel equipment. They are also a must for those who help shape safety policy within an organisation.
The Safety with Gas Cylinders Open Workshop covers the following:
- how to visually check regulators and safely connect them to gas cylinders.
- the hazards associated with industrial gases.
- safe working practices in accordance with relevant codes of practice and guidance notes.
- the need for, and the correct approach to, risk assessments.
- Why do accidents occur?
- Overview of Risk Assessment
- Understanding our atmosphere
- Potential hazards when working with gas cylinders
- Hazards posed by fire
- Hazards posed by pressure
- Gas cylinders
- Flashback arrestors
- Correct set-up of a gas system
- Storage of gas cylinders
- Handling gas cylinders safely
- Transporting cylinders safely
- What happens when it all goes wrong?
To enable delegates to:
- Correctly identify gas cylinders.
- Recognise the hazards associated with oxygen enrichment and deficiency.
- Identify flammability hazards.
- Recognise the hazards associated with handling gas cylinders.
- Re-assess current storage facilities in accordance with safe working practices.
- Identify hazards when transporting gas cylinders.
To book or to find out more contact BOC Safety Training at:
BOC Safety Training Workshops
2 Station Road,
Cheshire CW11 3JG
Tel: 01270 758898
Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland
The Gases Safety Awareness Workshop is designed for welders, safety officers and technicians. It is designed to ensure best practice when handling, transporting and storing gases.
The course covers a wide variety of safety aspects and includes the following:
- Health & Safety legislation
- Cylinders and valves
- Gas properties
- Transportation of gases
- Storage of gases
- Handling of gases
- Gas control equipment
- Flame cutting
- Special gases
The course lasts one day and the delegate will receive a certificate of attendance.
To discuss the course content and attendance or simply find out more, please call our BOC Safety Training Workshops line on 00 800 262 42737
For training workshops in Ireland please visit www.BOConline.ie