- About Linde
- BOC in the UK and Ireland
BOC Case Studies
- PLASTINUM™ GIM the success story
- BOC delivers wastewater treatment cost-savings
- Fuelling the future: BOC powers hydrogen transport
- Cold nitrogen gas: making fast work of underground fires
- Liquid nitrogen from BOC: vital to the bees’ needs
- IBL Cold Stores: finding the right alternative to R22
- Fuel cells: today’s technology for tomorrow’s cars
- Hymera: delivering power efficiently for smaller loads
- Overcoming structural distortions in welding
- BOC creates UK cryogenic storage facility
- BOC Customer Service: commitment to excellence
- The Harley Street Clinic: total solution to customer needs
- Carboflex®: Advanced Heat Treatment Solutions
- CIRRUS® VEC: Ensuring the highest emission control standards
- LINDOFLAMM®: reducing the risk of hydrogen cracking by pre-heating
- LINDOFLAMM®: removing of distortion in post welded steel
- Flame cutting: increasing productivity through efficient process
- How to Find Us
- Requirements of a Supplier to BOC
- BOC and Corporate Responsibility
- Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- BOC Insurance
- BOC History
- Our Products and Services
- Tax Strategy
- Gender Pay Gap Report
- Company Profile
- The Linde Spirit
- Group Procurement
- Linde Worldwide
- Corporate History
The CSC has over 400 employees who meet the needs of more than 390,000 customers. Its functions include facilitating order taking, query resolution, credit management, telephone sales and various support functions across the industrial, healthcare and hospitality business sectors.
The activities carried out by the CSC are key enabling functions of BOC. In order to ensure that the CSC functions to the highest possible standard, fulfi ls employee learning and development requirements and serves the business to their best ability, it is vital to continually identify where improvements can be made to their people management, process development and business performance. Several years ago, the Investors In People (IIP) assessment procedure was chosen as a means of benchmarking progress in these areas.
The BOC solution
The nationally recognised IIP framework provides a business improvement tool which has enabled the CSC to further the development and skills of their staff. The framework has also enabled BOC to identify what they do well and provided a means of identifying, very specifically, those areas which require further improvement.
The IIP assessment process comprises independent, rigorous, objective appraisal involving senior and line managers as well as staff at grass-roots level. The framework has been successfully used by the CSC since achieving IIP Core Standard in 1998. Core Standard was effectively maintained until Silver Standard was achieved in 2010.
As a direct result of the success attained and the improvements made, the CSC has now committed to achieve Gold Standard by 2012. This goal is being supported at the highest level within BOC. This will further demonstrate the CSC’s world-class customer service, delivered by high performing people.
The business benefits
The IIP brand is nationally acknowledged and is familiar to many of the CSC’s customers. They recognise the standard as a strong, clear message that the CSC invests in people, processes and business performance. It demonstrates the clear desire to continue the cycle of improvement.
There have been many tangible benefits from using IIP, felt by employees and customers alike. An example of this comes from the tender team, within CSC, which undertakes the tender process for new business. The IIP standard is a key feature in the tenders submitted. It validates the learning and development activities and processes which are scrutinised by large organisations. The IIP standard gives the reassurance that the best customer experience will be received from well-trained people who are supported by the company they trade with.
The tender team now assists the sales force and ensures 100% of tenders are submitted either on time or ahead of the deadline. This is a 30% improvement in the past two years, resulting in a high success rate in new business acquisition and retention of existing customers.
The CSC were recognised by IIP for their “outstanding learning and development practices and a focus on customer experience that is regarded as paramount at every operating level” thus proving BOC Customer Service Centre is an employer of choice.
IIP activity is coordinated by Barbara Blackburn, CSC Learning & Development Manager.
For more information on the BOC Customer Service Centre, please contact Barbara Blackburn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"BOC’s CSC has, once again, demonstrated its commitment to its people, and its desire to support each and every employee as they work together towards the
goal of being part of a High Performance Organisation."
BOC’s CSC remains absolutely committed to continuous improvement, through:
- Nationally recognised and respected IIP Silver Standard.
- Verification to customers of the high standard of business they are trading with.
- Measurable improvements to new business acquisition and business retention .
- Demonstrated commitment to the continued learning and development of CSC employees.
- Commitment to achieve Gold Standard by 2012 endorsed and supported by The Linde Group.