- About Linde
- About BOC
- Company Profile
- The Linde Spirit
- Group Procurement
- Linde Worldwide
- Corporate History
So education matters to BOC both from a business point of view - but also because many of its staff are involved in local schools and other educational activities.
Many BOC employees serve their local communities as governors of local schools or as leaders and helpers in a wide variety of out-of-school activities for young people.
BOC directly sponsors:
- science and engineering students at university
- science competitions for Year 10 and Year 12 students at its two largest sites in Britain
- environmental awards for schools in the North East of England
- Science and Engineering Ambassadors who visit schools to promote science in the classroom and as a career
- a national competition amongst Further Education colleges to promote and reward excellence in welding skills - which will be needed for the major infrastructure projects Britain will be undertaking over the coming decade
These are just some of BOC's educational activities. The Linde Group publishes an annual Corporate Responsibility Report which outlines some of the activities that are carried out across the Group. The report can be downloaded here.
In addition, BOC operates a Graduate Scheme, which allows young graduates joining the company to pursue professional qualifications - such as charterships in mechanical and electrical engineering - while working.