- About Linde
- BOC in the UK and Ireland
- BOC Case Studies
- How to Find Us
- Requirements of a Supplier to BOC
- BOC and Corporate Responsibility
- Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- BOC Insurance
- BOC History
- Our Products and Services
- Tax Strategy
- Gender Pay Gap Report
- Company Profile
- The Linde Spirit
- Group Procurement
- Linde Worldwide
- Corporate History
Our suppliers and contractors have a significant role to play in ensuring our high level of performance in each area.
The exact requirements we ask of you will vary, depending on the product or service you supply.
Please understand that SHEQ is one of our principal drivers when selecting or managing supply to BOC.
All BOC suppliers must meet the following general requirements:
- we expect you to operate a business which, as a minimum, complies with all applicable safety standards and legislation
- when you are on a BOC site, or working with BOC equipment, we expect you to have the correct skills, training and procedures to perform in a manner which minimises risk
- where BOC has a particular work instruction, policy or process you must ensure it is understood by the appropriate personnel in your company and that it is complied with at all times
- if you are uncertain of what is expected of you, please ask a BOC member of staff
- we expect that all members of your company working on behalf of BOC are appropriately monitored for health risk
- you must seriously consider whether it is appropriate to supply an individual to work on a BOC site, or to work with BOC equipment, if that individual has a medical condition which could affect their ability to perform their job safely and effectively. If such a person is supplied to BOC, then BOC must be made aware of the matter.
We will require the following eight questions to be answered, with appropriate supporting details.
|1||Does your company operate an accredited Environmental Management System .e.g. ISO14001, EMAS, BS8555?||If ‘yes’, please provide succinct details|
|2||Does your company have a current Environmental Policy?||If ‘yes’, where is it available for us to view?|
|3||Can your company provide details of the top 3 environmental aspects and impacts for the products/activities you will be supplying to BOC?||If ‘yes’, who would we contact for more detail, if necessary?|
|4||Can your company provide details of how it is working to improve the environmental impact of the product/service offered to BOC?||If ‘yes’, who would we contact for more detail, if necessary?|
|5||Does your company plan to undertake Life Cycle Analysis or Carbon Footprinting of the activities/products supplied to BOC?||If ‘yes’, who would we contact for more detail, if necessary?|
|6||If your company is responsible for generating, treating, and removing waste resulting from your activities at a BOC site, you must provide the necessary waste management documentation for transfer/consignment, carriers, and treatment facilities.||Can your company meet this requirement?|
|7||If your company is responsible for servicing, maintaining or inspecting equipment containing F-Gas or ODS refrigerants, you must provide the relevant employee training certificates and company certificates, upon request.||Can your company meet this requirement?|
|8||Within the last 3 years, has your company had any prosecutions, abatement, improvement, or prohibition notices issued by the EA / SEPA / NIEA?||If ‘yes’, please provide succinct details|
All goods and services must be supplied to the appropriate specification. If you are in any doubt, please ask the appropriate BOC Technical Contact for clarification.