- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
- Food Freezing & Chilling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Hydrogen Energy
- Plastic & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
Cryopreservation is the most effective way to preserve biological materials with minimal ageing. The method involves the freezing and storage at very low temperatures, down to -196oC (liquid nitrogen).Cryobank is a secure facility with a constant unlimited supply of liquid nitrogen to ensure the DryStore vapour phase cryogenic freezers run at temperatures to -196 oC (well below the critical temperature at which biological activity ceases, -132 oC) to ensure your samples remain in peak condition.
Many scientific and research organisations wish to maintain their focus on what they do best, and outsource their storage needs to a specialist in the field. The Cryobank provides just this resource – ultra low temperature storage from the UK’s leading experts in cryogenics.
By storing back up or additional samples at an off-site location should an unforeseen incident affect your primary facility the implication and impact of the incident will be reduced.
The BOC storage facility offers a high degree of flexibility in the provision of sample storage. Customers can choose between taking space in existing freezers, relocating whole freezers to the unit or renting entire new dedicated units for exclusive use.
Movement around the Cryobank facility is governed by strict ID authentication and access controls. The innovative cryogenic storage also makes for unprecedented sample security and operator safety.
Benefits of Cryobank off-site storage solutions
- Risk - storing a proportion of samples off-site mitigates the risk of loss due to local incident or disaster, for example a thaw, contamination or other damage.
- Cost - locating your back-up storage facilities at Cryobank reduces the costs of in-house facilities and will free up valuable laboratory space. Cryobank removes the need for investment and space for back-up storage.
- Compliance - BOC is regulated by the Human Tissue Authority and operates a quality management system which complies with the relevant legislation for management of bio-samples.
- Peace of mind - biological samples may be irreplaceable. Housing samples within the secure Cryobank facility complete with full engineering back-up provides reassurance against in-house accident.