- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
- Food Freezing & Chilling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Hydrogen Energy
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
BOC, a member of The Linde Group, and Bernard Matthews, the UK’s leading turkey farmer and supplier, have developed Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling; a new processing intervention using cryogenic technology to effectively reduce the levels of campylobacter contamination.
In the new, patent applied for in-line Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling tunnel, the surface of the birds is rapidly chilled using a cryogenic vapour. Initial industrial scale trials have delivered independently verified results that show a reduction in the levels of Campylobacter, without impacting on the bird’s compliance with the current poultry Meat Marketing Regulations.
Preventum Rapid Surface Chilling Technology represents a significant step forwards towards meaningful reductions in Campylobacter infection and offers an independently validated solution to an enormous and serious health concern in the broiler industry.