- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
Food Freezing & Chilling
- Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling
- CRYOLINE® MT Cryogenic Tunnel Freezer
- CRYOLINE® CS Compact Spiral Freezer
- CRYOLINE® CW IQF Freezer
- CRYOLINE® XF Spiral Freezer
- CRYOLINE® SC Super Contact Freezer
- CRYOLINE® CF Cabinet Freezer
- CRYOLINE® PE Pellet Freezer
- FROSTCRUISE® In-Transit Refrigeration
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Hydrogen Energy
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling is designed to be an in-line process that forms part of the poultry processing line, rapidly chilling the surface of the birds using cryogenic vapour. Initial industrial scale trials were undertaken at one of the UK’s largest poultry processors in collaboration with the FSA and Campden BRI.
The positive results demonstrated that Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling technology:
reduced campylobacter counts in the processed chickens by an average of 90% (1 log reduction).
does not affect compliance with the current poultry Meat Marketing Regulations.
does not impact on the taste, texture or appearance of the chicken.
Following these initial industrial scale trials, BOC continues to work with the UK poultry industry and it’s associated bodies and is now seeking agreement to start full scale, in-line trials of Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling technology in Spring/Summer 2015.
Read the press release 'Campylobacter in poultry reduced by 90% using BOC’s Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling technology' to find out more.
Published January 2015