- Products & Supply
- Industrial Gases
- Bulk Industrial Gases
- Refrigerant Gases
- Drinks Dispense Gases
- Balloon Gas & Equipment
- Speciality Gases
- Speciality Gases Equipment
- Dry Ice
- Plastics & Rubber Solutions
- LINDOFLAMM Special Burners
- Glass Processing Products
- Sulphur Recovery Burner Technology (SUREburner)
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Food Preservation Solutions
- Industrial Products
- Industrial Catalogue
- BOC Safety Products
- Leisure & Outdoor Products
- Cryogenic Equipment & Storage Vessels
- Packaged Chemicals
- Healthcare Equipment
- Helium Gas
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Gas Supply Options
- Gas Cylinder Innovation
- Gas cylinder tracking
- Products and Services A - Z
This service is now fully operational throughout the UK and Ireland for all gas cylinders supplied by BOC.
How does cylinder tracking help our customers?
- Peace of mind through increased levels of traceability of gas cylinders.
- Improved invoice accuracy and cylinder management, making it even easier to do business with BOC.
- Greater reliability and accuracy of stock holdings to help you improve internal cost management.
- Improved handling of gas cylinder enquiries, saving time and effort.
How does cylinder tracking work?
- Every individual BOC gas cylinder carries a unique barcode.
- All cylinders supplied by BOC have their barcode scanned at each delivery and when returned to BOC.
- The cylinder delivery or collection advice note is created after all cylinders have been scanned.
- The advice note lists the serial numbers of all cylinders supplied and returned providing detailed information to help you manage cylinder stocks.
- The cylinders supplied are held on your BOC account.
- BOC cylinders can be returned to any BOC Gas & Gear store or BOC Agent from where they are removed from the account on which originally supplied.
Is cylinder tracking available throughout the UK & Ireland?
- This service is now fully operational throughout the UK and Ireland for all gas cylinders supplied by BOC.
- You can view your cylinder holdings, including serial numbers, in the My Account section of BOConlineshop.co.uk
An important change to how you may currently manage your cylinders
It is important to note that if you have swapped or inadvertently changed cylinders with another BOC customer, all returned cylinders are removed from the account upon which they were originally supplied, not from the returning account.
If cylinders are moved around within a customers’ own organisation this does not impact the overall holdings as BOC automatically updates the account accordingly.
Protecting your information
In order to resolve customer queries it may at times be necessary to reveal to another customer the name and delivery details of the returning, or initially supplied account.
‘Harland & Wolff is a large consumer of cylinder gas and it is important that we keep control of the products we use and the cylinders we hold on site. BOC's new cylinder tracking system will help us monitor cylinder usage and movement as we now receive a printout at delivery of every individual cylinder delivered to site and returned to BOC.’
‘On such a large site with many different contractors employed at any given time it is important that we keep control of our own cylinders. With the introduction of BOC's cylinder tracking system we can now be assured that our BOC cylinder holdings will be an accurate reflection of the cylinders belonging to us. If any of our cylinders are removed by a third party it is reassuring that when these are returned to BOC by that other party they will be removed from our account, not theirs.’
David Calder, Procurement Manager, Harland and Wolff Heavy Industries Limited