- Products & Supply
- Industrial Gases
- Bulk Industrial Gases
- Refrigerant Gases
- Drinks Dispense Gases
- Balloon Gas & Equipment
- Speciality Gases
- Speciality Gases Equipment
- Dry Ice
- Plastic & Rubber Solutions
- LINDOFLAMM Special Burners
- Glass Processing Products
- Sulphur Recovery Burner Technology (SUREburner)
- Vapour Emission Control
- Food Preservation Products
- Industrial Products
- BOC Safety Products
- Leisure & Outdoor Products
- Cryogenic Equipment & Storage Vessels
- Packaged Chemicals
- Healthcare Equipment
- Technical Supply Centre (TSC)
- Helium Gas
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Gas Supply Options
- Gas Cylinder Innovation
- Gas cylinder tracking
- Products and Services A - Z
- Excellent penetration and fusion profiles
- Excellent arc stability
- Low distortion
- Used in dip, pulsed and spray metal transfer modes
- Low levels of nitrogen and moisture
- High carbon dioxide content gives mild steel welding good rounded penetration profiles, producing consistently reliable and strong welds with a deep, bowl-shaped penetration.
- High tolerance to contaminants such as rust.
- Used in dip and spray metal transfer modes. Ideal for multi-pass welds in spray transfer on heavy sections, allowing fast welding speeds thus reducing costs.
- High strength welds.
- Good appearance and quality finish.
- Easy to use.
- Low porosity and other defects.
Application and uses
- Specially formulated for MIG welding constructional steel work of mild steel greater than 10mm thick.
- Can be used on mild steel sections thinner and thicker than 10mm but care must be taken to ensure the weld integrity is not compromised.
- Ideal for heavy engineering and structural work such as shipbuilding and repair, heavy vehicle and boiler manufacturing.
- Is suitable for a wide range of applications from welding thick-walled pipes and pressure vessels to earth-moving equipment.
The Argoshield range is non-corrosive provide moisture is absent and is compatible with any common metal provided the equipment is designed to withstand the process pressure of a compressed gas cylinder.
In general it is not recommended that Argoshield mixtures are used in conjunction with Flux Cored Wires. This is because many of the formulations are particularly sensitive to the oxygen contained within the Argoshield mixtures. If the Argoshield mixtures must be used, it is recommended that tests are carried out to determine whether any problems occur and the correct procedure to follow is understood.
Should not be used for welding stainless steel or nickel alloys because carbon from the shielding gas will be introduced into the weld (carbon pick-up).
For these applications, BOC Stainshield Universal is suitable.
Argoshield Heavy is not available in cylinder size X or Y