1. If, as an Eligible Customer (defined in section 4 below), during the Promotion Period you make a purchase of Qualifying Products (defined in section 6 below) from:
a. your local BOC Gas & Gear store; b. online on BOConlineshop.co.uk; or c. over the telephone via our BOC call centre, and use your Nectar card, you can collect 2 Nectar points for every £1 spent (excluding VAT). In addition: a. BOC and Nectar will provide you with a surprise number of bonus Nectar points to say thank you for being a BOC and Nectar customer; and b. on the first purchase you make during the Promotion Period, you will be entered into a bonus draw, held and drawn by Nectar, for the chance to win a further 50,000 bonus Nectar points worth £250, (the Promotion).
2. The Promoter of the Promotion is BOC Limited (BOC) with its registered office at The Priestley Centre, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XY and with company registration number 337663.
3. The Promotion is available between 00.00.01am on 2 October 2017 to 23.59.59pm on 31 October 2017 (the Promotion Period).
4. To receive bonus Nectar points pursuant to the Promotion a customer must:
a. be a business account holder of BOC who is eligible to collect Nectar points from BOC; b. have a Nectar account and card number; c. must be the business owner / manager or have the permission of the business owner / manager to collect Nectar points with BOC; and d. be resident in the United Kingdom and over the age of 18. (an Eligible Customer).
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria then you will not be able to receive bonus Nectar points pursuant to this Promotion. In addition, major customers (defined as key and managed), Sureserve customers and Healthcare customers are not eligible to collect points on any purchase from BOC and so are hereby excluded from this Promotion.
5. To receive bonus Nectar points, each Eligible Customer must provide their BOC account number and their Nectar/Nectar Business card or card number when making a transaction of Qualifying Products and, if all conditions are met, the bonus Nectar points awarded will be added to their Nectar account within 28 days.
6. Qualifying Products include all compressed industrial gases; industrial hard goods for example welding equipment, gas regulators, consumables, safety products, cryogenic equipment and other tools associated with the use of industrial and refrigerant gases); industrial dry ice; balloon gas; and BOC branded refrigerant gases.
7. Eligible Customers participating in the Promotion on behalf of their employer must have their employer’s permission before taking part in the Promotion. Participation in the Promotion is not open to any governmental department, public authority or company whose trading terms expressly forbid such arrangements.
8. By accepting bonus Nectar points, Eligible Customers agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Issue of Bonus Nectar Points and Weekly Bonus Draws
9. The number and value of bonus Nectar points issued by Nectar and BOC on each purchase of Qualifying Products made by an Eligible Customer during the Promotion Period is entirely at the discretion of BOC.
10. In addition to the issue of bonus Nectar points on each purchase made in the Promotion Period, each week Nectar will hold a bonus draw to select one winner of an additional 50,000 Nectar points (equivalent to £250). Each weekly bonus draw will take place on the Wednesday of the following week.
11. Entry into a weekly bonus draw is free to enter for all Eligible Customers and no purchase is necessary. An entry can be made by submitting a request to BOC to take part in one of the weekly bonus draws in writing to Nicola Thew, Loyalty Programme Manager, BOC Limited, The Priestley Centre, 10 Priestley Road, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XY or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The request will need to include the Eligible Customer’s Nectar account number and BOC account number.
12. Entry into each weekly bonus draw will be limited to those Eligible Customers who make a written request (as per section 11), or who have made a purchase of Qualifying Products from BOC during the Promotion Period. Entry and participation in a weekly bonus draw is limited to one entry per Eligible Customer during the Promotion Period. This is regardless of how many times an Eligible Customer may subsequently purchase Qualifying Products during the Promotion Period. However, once entered into a draw an Eligible Customer will remain in each subsequent weekly draw until either the end of the Promotion Period or the Eligible Customer is drawn as a Winner (as per section 14).
13. Each weekly bonus draw will be run by Nectar. The winner from each weekly bonus draw (a Winner) will be selected by Nectar at random from all entries submitted using a random computer algorithm tool. The selection process for all Winners will be verified by an independent witness.
14. A Winner may not win more than one prize of 50,000 Nectar points during the Promotion Period.
15. Each Winner will be notified by BOC via email to the email address supplied as part of the Winner’s contact details held by Nectar, (the Notification). The date on which BOC issues the Notification will be the Notification Date. Each weekly Winner of 50,000 Nectar points will have the points added to their Nectar account within 28 days of the Notification Date.
16. A full list of the Winners’ names will be available upon request to BOC.
17. BOC may use a Winner’s name and company name, image and town or county of residence to announce the Winners, and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
18. By entering a bonus draw, each Eligible Customer agrees that any personal information provided by them may be held and used only by BOC, Nectar or their respective agents and suppliers to administer the Promotion.
19. Entry into a weekly bonus draw is open to all Eligible Customers, except for employees of BOC (or of any company which is a subsidiary or holding company of BOC) and immediate family members of such employees, agents and any individual or bodies corporate professionally associated with the Promotion.
Other Relevant Terms of the Promotion
20. Participation in the Promotion and the issue of bonus Nectar points are at all times subject to the Nectar Terms and Conditions which can be found at www.boconline.co.uk/nectarterms. All purchases made by an Eligible Customer are subject to BOC’s general conditions of sale (in respect of the purchase of a Qualifying Product), a copy of which can be found at https://www.boconlineshop.com/shop/en/uk/conditions-of-sale.
21. All Nectar points issued pursuant to the Promotion are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative will be given for them.
22. BOC reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Promotion at any time, including in the event of fraudulent behaviour.
23. BOC does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of an Eligible Customer’s purchase of a Qualifying Product and therefore the award and issue of bonus Nectar points.
24. Eligible Customers must have complied with these terms and conditions. Eligible Customers who do not comply with these terms and conditions or fail to provide correct details will be disqualified at BOC’s discretion.
25. Eligible Customers determined (by BOC in its absolute discretion) to be ineligible will be excluded from the Promotion. BOC has the right to declare an Eligible Customer ineligible and accordingly shall not award bonus Nectar points if:
a. BOC believes a person is ineligible to participate in the Promotion; b. BOC reasonably believes that the Eligible Customer’s participation in the Promotion has not been achieved in an authorised manner; c. BOC, acting reasonably, believes that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of a prize draw’s entry requirements; or d. BOC believes that an Eligible Customer has gained unfair advantage by participating in the Promotion or has become “eligible” to receive bonus Nectar points as a result of fraud.
26. BOC reserves the right to withhold the issue of Nectar points until it is entirely satisfied as to the eligibility of any customer, and BOC reserves the right to call for proof of identity and capacity to claim.
27. All decisions made by BOC with regard to eligibility to participate in the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. There are certain things for which BOC does not accept any liability to customers, and these are explained below. The law does not allow BOC to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. BOC accepts full liability for these matters and all matters for which it cannot, under the laws of the England, exclude or limit its liability. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in 28 (a) – (e) below will apply.
29. BOC will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond BOC’s reasonable control:
a. any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion; b. any changes to the Nectar points or the way in which they can be used; c. problems with the crediting of Nectar points; d. any act or default of any third party supplier, including Nectar; and e. the loss, theft, destruction or mutilation of Nectar points card.
30. BOC reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
31. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.