Compressed air combined with a fuel gas, produces a flame with a lower temperature than an oxy-fuel flame.
- Odourless, colourless and non-toxic.
- Does not burn but supports combustion.
Buy Compressed Air online
- When it is combined with a fuel gas, produces a flame with a lower temperature than an oxy-fuel flame.
- The air-fuel flame is suitable for brazing and soldering applications with lower-temperature alloys.
- Used in preference to oxygen because it gives a greater level of adjustment, allowing the thickness of the carbon coat to be varied.
Applications and uses
- Brazing and hard soldering
- Can be used in alternative applications such as plasma-cutting
- Used in metallurgical processes such as die-casting and blast furnaces
- Compressed air cylinders are an alternative to a compressor
- Used to drive pneumatic drills
- Can be used in the carbon-coating processes. An air-acetylene flame is used to produce carbon which can be deposited onto the surface of a component to act as a release agent. Carbon-coating is used for aluminium extrusion and glass manufacture as a mould-release agent.
If you have a question or want to buy, click here to email us
Industrial air must never be used for medical purposes
Got a question, want to buy?
To locate your nearest BOC retail outlet please enter town or postcode