- Products & Supply
- Industrial Gases
- Bulk Industrial Gases
- Refrigerant Gases
- Beer Gas & Drinks Dispense Gases
- Balloon Gas & Equipment
- Speciality Gases
- Speciality Gases Equipment
- Dry Ice
- Plastic & Rubber Solutions
- LINDOFLAMM® Special Burners
- Glass Processing Products
- Sulphur Recovery Burner Technology (SUREburner)
- Vapour Emission Control
- Food Preservation Products
- Industrial Products
- Industrial Catalogue
- BOC Safety Products
- Leisure & Outdoor Products
- Cryogenic Equipment & Storage Vessels
- Packaged Chemicals
- Healthcare Equipment
- Technical Supply Centre (TSC)
- Helium Gas
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Gas Supply Options
- Gas Cylinder Innovation
- GENIE® Gas Cylinders
- Gas Cylinder Tracking
- Products and Services A - Z
This compact pack contains the same high-performing product for MIG welding as larger cylinders. But its small size and low gas volume is a better fit for occasional gas users.
The cylinder contains 494 litres of gas, offering about 50 minutes’ welding time.
It is offered at a low annual rent and there are no collection or administration fees. See our list of stockists.
Benefits to you
Disposable cans of welding gas can run out too soon. Larger cylinders run out too slowly.
A new 2-litre cylinder from BOC is the practical answer for hobby welders and occasional welders. It is filled with the same Argoshield Light gas – perfect for high-strength welds. Only in a smaller size more suited to the task.
Small is practical
- 2-litre cylinder takes up less space at home or in a van.
- Contains eight times the volume of a single disposable gas cylinder.
- Achieve around 50 minutes’ weld time without stopping.
- Easy to move around.
- Renting is hassle-free.
- No large capital outlay.
- Return it within 12 months, BOC refunds the remaining months.
- Oxygen in the mix requires less welding wire, resulting in lower cost.
- No need to worry about disposal.
Tried and tested gas
- Consistent product quality.
- Efficient dip and spray transfe.r
- Excellent arc stability.
- Minimal spatter during welding.
- Robust weld metal toughness.
- Low fume level for a healthier, safer, greener workplace.
- Cylinder maintained to BS EN 439 M14 certified standards.
- 50cm tall 2-litre cylinder
- 494 litres of Argoshield Light at 230 bar pressure
- Mix of 93% argon, 5% carbon dioxide and 2% oxygen
- Key operated valve with fitted guard and handle
- 6kg when full
Argoshield Light 2-litre cylinder stockists:
New stockists are being added all the time, so visit this page again soon to review additional store locations.
Please note that you will need to be a BOC account holder to rent a cylinder from BOC. To open an Account, please call 0800 111 333 or you can open an account in store. You will need to provide proof of address (such as a recent utility bill) and a form of photographic ID (such as a driving licence or passport). Find out more about opening a BOC account.