- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
Food Freezing & Chilling
- Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling
- CRYOLINE® MT Cryogenic Tunnel Freezer
- CRYOLINE® CS Compact Spiral Freezer
- CRYOLINE® CW IQF Freezer
- CRYOLINE® XF Spiral Freezer
- CRYOLINE® SC Super Contact Freezer
- CRYOLINE® CF Cabinet Freezer
- CRYOLINE® PE Pellet Freezer
- FROSTCRUISE® In-Transit Refrigeration
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Plastic & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
- Hydrogen Refuelling
In order to tackle the issue, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) in conjunction with the poultry industry have jointly agreed targets to reduce the numbers of birds carrying the highest levels of campylobacter contamination from 27% of the total population, to 10% by 2015.
In order to achieve the reduction of contamination levels by 2015, the FSA and poultry industry are adopting a strategic approach that includes a combination of improved bio-security measures on farms and effective new or improved processing interventions.
BOC, a member of The Linde Group, and Bernard Matthews, the UK’s leading turkey farmer and supplier, have developed Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling; a new processing intervention using cryogenic technology to effectively reduce the levels of campylobacter contamination.
In the new, patent applied for in-line Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling tunnel, the surface of the birds is rapidly chilled using a cryogenic vapour. Initial industrial scale trials have delivered independently verified results that show a reduction in the levels of campylobacter, without impacting on the bird’s compliance with the current poultry Meat Marketing Regulations.
Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling Technology represents a significant step forwards towards meaningful reductions in Campylobacter infection and offers an independently validated solution to an enormous and serious health concern in the broiler industry.
Latest Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling Updates
For updates on progress, please see below:
90% reduction in campylobacter counts is confirmed in industrial-scale trials, and new video of Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling Technology released.Read more
Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling technology demonstrates validated trial results.Read more
Industrial-scale Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling trials started with leading UK poultry producer.Read more
Register your interest
To register your interest in the Rapid Surface Chilling™ Campylobacter reduction work please provide your name, job title, company and email address to receive further updates.