- Account Services
- Customer Engineering Services
- Food Technology Centre
- Industrial Equipment Hire
- Manufacturing Technology Centre
- Whole Body Mobile Cryotherapy
- On-Site Gas Generation
- Refrigerant Services
- Risk Management Services
- Safety Training
- Welding Management - AVANTO
Employers must assess the risks to employees while they are at work and to any other people who may be affected by the way you conduct your business.
From this, improvements must be implemented, competent people appointed and appropriate information and training made available to them.
All employees and self-employed people are required to ensure they know how to work safely and without risk to health.
BOC has a strong safety culture and works towards ensuring this approach is shared and adopted by our customers.
BOC accepts a duty of care to the users of all our products, and the provision of Chemicals Handling Training demonstrates our commitment to the safe use of chemicals, in a safe environment, by informed customers.
The BOC Chemicals Handling Course is just one of many product stewardship initiatives that ensure only customers with the capability to handle our products safely are supplied.
Chemicals training workshops
Our half-day workshops are designed for those involved in the handling, storage or use of chemicals:
- workshops are held at customer sites, and are tailored to suit your industry and the chemicals you use
- the workshops are interactive and include team exercises, covering a range of subjects
- delegates will be provided with a workbook for the day, and will receive a Certificate of Attendance after completion of the workshop
- a minimum of two delegates are required to attend, with a maximum of 10 delegates per half day
The course consists of seven modules, each covering different aspects of the handling and storage of chemicals:
- introduction to gases
- gas properties (specific to your requirements)
- gas packages
- personal protective equipment
- handling cylinders and drums
- safe gas storage
- emergency rescue situation
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- identify personnel who are exposed to risk
- understand the need for risk assessments recognise the hazards associated with specific chemicals
- understand the design and function of gas cylinders
- select appropriate personal protective equipment
- safely handle gas cylinders and drums
- re-assess storage facilities in line with safe working practices
- identify unsafe working practices when working with gas control equipment
- understand the key actions required in an emergency situation
Who should attend?
The workshop is designed for managers, supervisors, workshop personnel and engineers who either use or supervise personnel working with chemicals.
This workshop complements and builds on existing levels of experience and focuses delegates on safe working practice in line with relevant Codes of Practice and Guidance Notes.
We cannot offer City and Guilds Safe Handling of Ammonia courses.