To access our new website, please download the latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. Alternatively, you can visit us through a mobile device (smart phone or tablet).
We support the following browsers:
Internet Explorer - Version 10 and above
Firefox – Version 38 and above
Chrome - Version 45 and above
Safari - Version 8 and above
Following a comprehensive review of the benefits that we offer, we have made changes to the way that our customers are rewarded. This means that BOC is no longer a Nectar partner and therefore it is not possible to collect Nectar points on your BOC purchases – this change came into effect on 18 December 2018.
If you would like to speak to someone within BOC about this change, please contact us via Live Chat or alternatively you can call us on 0800 111 333.
Please refer to the following frequently asked questions for more information:
Why can I no longer collect Nectar points with BOC?
We have reviewed the benefits that we offer to our customers and have made the decision to leave the Nectar programme to enable us to provide alternative customer rewards.
When will you stop issuing Nectar points?
BOC left the Nectar programme on 18 December 2018. From this date, you will no longer receive Nectar points on your BOC purchases.
What will happen to the points that I’ve already collected with BOC?
You will still be able to spend any points that you have collected with BOC at participating Nectar spend partners. You can find a full list of ways to spend points at Nectar.com
Will I still be able to collect Nectar points from other Nectar partners?
Yes. You will still be able to collect Nectar points with other Nectar partners. You can find out who you can collect points with at Nectar.com
What happens if I require a refund? Will my points be deducted?
No. We are happy for customers to keep any points earned prior to 18 December 2018.
Will you be replacing Nectar with another customer reward scheme?
We are pleased to announce that we will be launching BOCrewards↗ in early 2019. The programme will offer eligible customers a range of exclusive offers and discounts, and we will be rolling out more communications over the next few months. You can visit BOConline.co.uk/email and sign up to receive the latest news and offers from BOC.
Will I be eligible to join the new customer reward scheme?
The majority of customers with a BOC account will be eligible to join the new customer reward scheme. Unfortunately, customers who sit within our Major (key and managed) category as well as Sureserve and Healthcare (Medical) customers will not be eligible to join.
What will happen to the Nectar card data that you have recorded about me?
The Nectar card data that we hold, such as your Nectar card number, belongs to Nectar and will be handed back to Nectar at the end of the partnership. If you have a query about your Nectar account, please contact the Nectar contact centre directly on 0344 811 0811 or use Nectar’s Online Chat Service
I collect Nectar points from BOC and I haven’t been informed of this change – why is this?
Under the BOC Nectar terms and conditions, you must be the business owner / manager or have the permission of the business owner / manager to collect Nectar points with BOC. We have therefore sent a letter to the business owner to inform them of this change.
I have received points in my Nectar account from BOC after 18 December… why is that?
Nectar points are issued to your Nectar account when goods are dispatched or invoiced, so you may receive points from BOC in your Nectar account up to 1 month later, for purchases made prior to 18 December. Nectar may also take up to 10 days to process points allocation.
If you have a query about your Nectar points allocation by BOC after 31 December 2018, please contact the Nectar contact centre directly on 0344 811 0811 or use Nectar’s Online Chat Service
Who can I speak to about this change?
If you wish to speak to someone within BOC about this change, you can call us on 0800 111 333, contact us via Live Chat or, if you have an account manager, please speak to them directly.
If you would like to find out more about how to spend your Nectar points, or get further details on participating Nectar partners, please contact Nectar directly on 0344 811 0811 or use Nectar’s Online Chat Service
The following terms and conditions ceased to apply at 21.00 on 17 December 2018 – we retain them for reference only:
1. These terms and conditions apply to you collecting Nectar points with BOC. By collecting Nectar points with BOC, you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. BOC may in its absolute discretion decide at any time to change these terms and conditions, including making changes to how you collect Nectar points with BOC. If these terms and conditions are amended, the new version shall be shown on BOC's www.boconline.co.uk/nectar. If you continue to collect Nectar points with BOC after any changes have been made to these terms and conditions, you understand that you agree to such new terms and conditions.
3. Please visit Nectar's website at www.Nectar.com/business for Nectar's business collector rules, which shall also apply to the collection and redemption of Nectar points.
4. Nectar points have no cash value and no cash alternative will be given for any Nectar points.
5. To collect Nectar points from BOC, ask your cashier in-store or BOC’s customer service centre (telephone 0800 111 333) to align your Nectar or Nectar Business card number to your BOC account.
6. You must be the business owner / manager or have the permission of the business owner / manager to collect Nectar points with BOC.
7. You must provide BOC with the information required to be able to align your Nectar or Nectar Business card to your BOC account(s). BOC accepts no responsibility if the information you have provided is incomplete or inaccurate and BOC may not allocate Nectar points to you as a result or allow you to collect with BOC.
8. In order for you to collect Nectar points with BOC you must comply with these terms and conditions (as updated from time to time).
9. Major (defined as key and managed) customers, Sureserve customers and Healthcare customers are not eligible to collect points on any purchase from BOC.
10. BOC may, in its absolute discretion, refuse to issue you Nectar points if: a) Any payment is overdue in respect of your BOC account(s);
b) You have not complied with these terms and conditions;
c) You are in breach of BOC’s general terms and conditions of supply;
d) In BOC’s reasonable opinion, you are abusing the option to earn Nectar points with BOC;
e) You are found to be in breach of Nectar’s terms and conditions;
f) You do not have the permission of the business owner / manager to collect Nectar points with BOC.
11. If in its absolute discretion BOC deems it reasonably necessary, BOC may:
a) Refuse to link your BOC account(s) with your Nectar account;
b) Cancel the link between your BOC account(s) and your Nectar account; or
c) Refuse to allocate Nectar points to you.
12. BOC shall allocate Nectar points on the purchase of Qualifying Products from the following:
a) BOC's Customer Service Centre on 0800 111 333;
b) BOC’s nationwide network of retail 'Gas & Gear' stores; and
c) Via BOConlineshop.co.uk
13. BOC shall not allocate Nectar points on purchases of Qualifying Products with BOC's network of agents.
14. BOC shall allocate Nectar points on the purchase of the following Qualifying Products:
a) All compressed industrial gases;
b) Industrial hard goods (for instance welding equipment, gas regulators, consumables, safety products, cryogenic equipment and other tools associated with the use of Industrial and Refrigerant Gases);
c) Industrial dry ice;
d) Balloon gas; and
e) BOC branded refrigerant gases
15. The following products / spend are not Qualifying Products and are not eligible for Nectar points:
a) Hospitality gases;
b) Medical gases and homecare oxygen services and equipment;
c) Bulk and tonnage gases;
d) Cryospeed gases, vessels and DryStore;
e) Speciality gases which includes but it is not limited to scientific gases, calibration gases, packaged chemicals, ultra high purity (UHP) gases and special mixtures;
f) All helium gases (other than balloon gas);
g) Any gas supplied as a utility by way of mains grid or network connected directly to retail or business customers;
h) Rental charges / transaction charges / management fees / facility fees; and
i) Any payment for services carried out by BOC.
16. Two Nectar points shall be allocated for every £1 spent on Qualifying Products (excluding VAT). BOC may amend the amount of Nectar points allocated to Qualifying Products from time to time.
17. Nectar points shall be allocated to your Nectar account within 28 days of payment of an invoice.
BOC may offer promotions where Nectar points may be awarded for additional products, services or activities or where Nectar Points may be awarded at an increased rate (e.g. double point promotions). Details of such promotions can be found at www.BOConline.co.uk/nectar.
18. If you think that there has been a mistake in the number of Nectar points that BOC has allocated to you, you should notify BOC as soon as possible by phoning 0800 111 333. If BOC decides that a mistake has occurred, BOC will arrange for the mistake to be corrected. BOC's decision in the matter will be final.
19. If you want to cancel your participation and cease collecting Nectar points with BOC, please contact us on 0800 111 333. Please visit Nectars website for Nectar’s business collector rules www.nectar-business.com, which shall also apply to the collection and redemption of Nectar points.
20. BOC may immediately suspend or cancel your ability to collect Nectar points with BOC and/or withdraw or cancel any Nectar points allocated to you if:
a) You are not complying with these terms and conditions or the Nectar rules or you are abusing the Nectar scheme;
b) You are no longer eligible to collect and redeem Nectar points with BOC;
c) You supply false or misleading information to BOC or to Nectar;
d. You are abusive or offensive to any member of BOC staff; or
e. You no longer have an active Nectar account.
21. In the event that BOC suspends your ability to collect Nectar points with BOC, you will not be entitled to collect Nectar points with BOC for the duration of that suspension. You will be able to continue collecting points with other Nectar partners, subject to the Nectar Business collector rules and Nectar partner terms and conditions.
22. BOC reserves the right immediately to suspend or cease to issue Nectar points and/or to no longer offer the ability to collect Nectar points with BOC if it becomes unlawful for BOC to do so, if Nectar is suspended or terminated, if BOC’s right to issue Nectar points is suspended or terminated for any reason or if Nectar ceases to trade.
23. BOC's only responsibilities to you in relation to Nectar are set out in these terms and conditions. BOC will only be liable to you if you suffer a loss because we have not complied with these terms and conditions. If BOC has not complied, BOC’s liability shall be limited to crediting to you any Nectar points which should have been credited to you but were not or which have been wrongly deducted from you. BOC does not accept any further obligations or liability to you unless we are required by law to do so.
24. These terms and conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other terms or communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
25. These terms and conditions and any non-contractual matters arising in relation to them are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
26. Please visit www.BOConline.co.uk/nectar for Nectar FAQs.