- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
- Food Freezing & Chilling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Hydrogen Energy
- Plastic & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
CRYOCLEAN® pellet is a cleaning technology where 3mm dry ice pellets are accelerated in a pressurised air stream and propelled on a surface at extremely high speeds in order to clean it.
Dry-ice pellets are quite soft, and much less dense than other media used in blast-cleaning (i.e. sand, glass or plastic pellets).
Upon impact, the pellets sublimates almost immediately, transferring minimal kinetic energy to the surface on impact and producing minimal abrasion.
The sublimation process absorbs a large volume of heat from the surface, producing shear stresses due to thermal shock.
The rapid change in state from solid to gas also causes microscopic shock waves, which are also thought to assist in removing the contaminant.
What are the benefits of dry ice blast cleaning?
- Dry ice blast cleaning significantly reduces down time by eliminating the need to disassemble machinery.
- Because dry ice cleaning is moisture-less, there is no need for drying.
- It is bacteriostatic, which means it not only provides an effective cleaning mechanism but also a sterilisation process, making it particularly attractive in food and scientific applications.
- It produces no secondary contaminant to be removed, as can often be the case with water and solvent-based processes
CRYOCLEAN pellet blasting is used in nearly every industry. Some examples include:
Cleaning of engine blocks, moulds and dies, spray booths.
Removal of fermentation residue from vats and vessels.
Cleaning of electrical motor housings, stators and windings, control panels, circuit breakers, substations and line insulators.
Removal of flux and resin build-up in PCB process equipment and curing ovens.
Cleaning of process equipment, conveyors, mixing vats, ovens, floors, moulds and extrusion dies.
Coreboxes, moulds, die-cast machines, mixers, hoppers, cooling fans.
Cleaning of drains, chewing gum removal, surface refurbishing of buildings and monuments.
Removal of paper and wood pulp from processing machinery.
Cleaning of reactors, mixers, storage vessels and tablet moulds.
Cleaning of moulds, extrusion dies, ovens and mixers.
Removal of inks, coatings and paper-dust build up.