- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
- Food Freezing & Chilling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Hydrogen Energy
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
CRYOCLEAN® snow+ is an innovative technology for cleaning and pre-treating surfaces using tiny dry ice particles.
CRYOCLEAN snow+ is dedicated to cleaning tasks with varying needs of cleaning efficiency and abrasiveness. Surfaces may be relatively clean on the whole but spots of heavily soiled, chemically altered or even corroded zones may appear.
Being a unique combination of dry ice blasting and sand blasting, CRYOCLEAN snow+ is a flexible cleaning method, which allows the operator to adjust the ratio of CO2 and abrasives depending on the condition of the surface.
Areas with soft contaminants are cleaned with dry ice particles generated in special blasting nozzles by injecting Liquid Carbon Dioxide.
By means of compressed air and Laval nozzles, the particles are blasted on the surface to be cleaned.
For heavy-duty cleaning operations, an abrasive agent can be mixed in with the dry ice particles. With this process, much less abrasive material is needed to remove the dirt than with conventional sand blasting.
CRYOCLEAN snow+ can use the benefits of both methods: avoidance of moisture and solvents using dry ice and the abrasiveness of solid blasting agents.
Thus it is possible to minimize operating costs by reducing the volume of abrasive material required along with the associated disposal costs.
CRYOCLEAN snow+ is predominantly designed for manual or semi-automated operation.
BOC offers dedicated, patented blasting hardware, supply solutions for liquid carbon dioxide (cylinders or bulk CO2 combined with our PRESUS® C supply systems) and several types of abrasive blasting agents.
View the CRYOCLEAN Snow+ video from BOC:
- Flexible cleaning power for seamless adjustment without interrupting the process flow.
- CO2-based cleaning means less abrasive material to consume and dispose of.
- Operating costs are often lower than conventional cleaning processes and offer comparable cleaning results.
- Lower jet pressure emits less noise compared with conventional dry ice cleaning.
- Pneumatic system does not require electrical power.
- Low environmental impact.
- CO2 particles ensure clean results down to micro-structure of the surface.
Examples of typical applications
- Additive Manufacturing processes such as removal of oxides on the surface of metals in steels and aluminium and removal of un-fused metal powders.
- Cleaning operations that require different degrees of intensity depending on the surface, e.g. initial removal of peeling paint with dry ice followed by removal of underlying rust by adding an abrasive agent.
- Tasks where a blasting abrasive is classified as problematic waste to be disposed of with the removed material so that operators are keen to keep this waste to a minimum.