- Account Services
- Customer Engineering Services
- Food Technology Centre
- Industrial Equipment Hire
- Manufacturing Technology Centre
- Whole Body Mobile Cryotherapy
- On-Site Gas Generation
- Refrigerant Services
- Risk Management Services
- Safety Training
- Welding Management - AVANTO
What are the regulations?
The Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 cover any system containing the following:
- gas or liquid above 0.5 bar gauge
- any liquid with a vapour pressure of 0.5 bar gauge or greater at either its working temperature or 17.5ºC.
This includes most cryogenic vessels.
What are the requirements?
The regulations require the users of pressure systems, including cryogenic vessels and associated pipework, to:
- establish safe operating limits
- have a suitable, written scheme, certified by a competent person, for the regular examination of most pressure vessels, all safety devices and any pipework
- provide adequate operating instructions to ensure the safe operation of the system
- provide adequate emergency instructions
- ensure that the system is properly maintained
- keep adequate records of the most recent examination and any manufacturer's records supplied with the new system for the designated period, in line with the regulations
If you rent a vessel from BOC
If you rent a pressurised cryogenic vessel from BOC, you can relax.
All required maintenance is included in the rental agreement, at no additional cost. We ensure the vessel is always in a safe, working condition.
BOC will carry out the required Planned Preventative Maintenance inspections in accordance with the Written Scheme of Examination for that particular vessel, including the fitting of any replacement parts.
If you own your vessel
If you own your cryogenic vessel you must ensure that Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 are complied with and that the vessel is managed by a competent person. You can do it yourself ...
... or BOC can do it for you with one of two maintenance packages:
- Cryocare - for pressure vessels up to and including 500 litres capacity
- OnStream - for pressure vessels over 500 litres and pipework systems
Cryocare is a maintenance solution developed by BOC for owners of small-to-medium vessels (up to and including 500 litres).
It is managed by your dedicated Cryospeed operator and will ensure your vessel complies with current legislation.
The Cryocare package includes:
The pre-delivery inspection that is made every time the vessel is filled or an annual planned preventative maintenance inspection where Cryospeed do not regularly fill the vessel. This includes checking vessel safety devices and labelling, recording and repairing any defects to ensure the vessel is in safe and good working order and compliant with current legislation.
Your dedicated Cryospeed operator will carry out planned preventative maintenance. This includes replacing the vessel pressure relief valves and carrying out essential checks including annual inspection.
We will plan and carry out a full audit of your pressurised vessel, supplying and fitting any necessary replacement parts, as set out in the maintenance scheme.
Every seven years BOC will carry out planned preventative maintenance in line with the WSE for that particular vessel. This includes replacing the vessel pressure relief valves and carrying out all the essential checks included in the annual inspection, again recording and repairing any defects.
Once an inspection audit is complete and any necessary remedial work has been carried out, you will receive the documentation and certificates for your records, giving you the peace of mind that your legal requirements have been met.
OnStream is a service that is specially designed for owners of fixed pressure systems, ranging from simple systems with a single regulator and short distribution pipe work to longer, more complicated systems with many control and outlet points.
Even if your equipment is currently in poor condition, we can assist you in upgrading your system to improve safety whilst delivering PSSR compliance, allowing you to concentrate on your research.